SMOKY BBQ BURGERS
Every now and then I get to hijack the recipe page from Chef Angel so today I'm sharing our scrumptious RIBZ© Burgers...ok, so Angel had to help me veganise the binder as I'm so use to reaching for an egg. Instead I used aquafaba (the brine from a can of chickpeas) that helps makes these burgers deliciously moist...and of course our vegan RIBZ© play a big part!
Thaw your RIBZ© if frozen. This can be done in the fridge overnight or for a quick defrost, place on bench top for 30 - 40 minutes.
Ingredients - makes 6 generous patties
- 1 pack of Flipit BBQ RIBZ©, thawed (I used the scraps from one of our kitchen sessions - see Ma, no wastage here!)
- 6 Tbsp aquafaba (I used all the liquid from one 300g can)
- 2 Tbsp tapioca starch or cornflour
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked chilli flakes
- freshly ground pepper (optional) as there's already salt and pepper added to the RIBZ©
- to serve: burger buns, lettuce, tomato - you know the score, get your favourite burger fillings happening!
In a small bowl, combine the aquafaba and tapioca starch and mix until smooth and set aside.
Place one pack of RIBZ© in a food processor and process until it looks like crumbs:
Tip into a bowl and add some seasoning like smoky paprika or chilli but you don't need to add much as our RIBZ© are already full of flavour.
Now add the aquafaba mix to the mixture and using your hands, shape into patties:
Fire up the BBQ, grill or stove top and put some oil on your instrument of choice. I used my grill pan oiled with avocado/coconut oil on a high heat, then cooked the patties for 2-3 minutes each side to warm them through and provide colour.
Viola, that's it - now go engulf them between some fluffy burger buns, fresh lettuce, tomato and favourite dressing and you'll be in burger heaven!